In the inaugural year, the ICCL contest of the game shall have only 2 teams and compete against each other in a regular T20 format. All Players (Cricketers and Celebrities) are split into 2 teams with right balance (batting, fielding, bowling, keeping) to have the best competitive game contest. Each team shall have maximum 13 players nominated with 11 players on the ground (by the fielding side) at any given point of time.
ICCL Cricketainment is aimed to strongly support/promoting Cricketing Sports with a noble cause initiative and the guide rules shall be finalised by Match Committee. The below are match rules of the contest:
· Only 1 match played on the inaugural year
· Each team will field 11 players and innings consists of a maximum 20 overs by the fielding side
· Each member of the fielding side bowls maximum 3 overs, including the wicket-keeper (if required)
· There will be no 30 yards inner circle restrictions, no bonus points and no power plays
· 30 Minutes break between each innings of the match
· Each innings (20 overs) should be finished by maximum 100 minutes. Match Umpires to monitor timelines.
· The match shall have 2 On Field Umpires and 1 Match Referee. The decisions of the umpires shall be honored by players.
· Every player by the fielding side has to bowl minimum 1 over (including substitutions) and team captain shall decide the order on the match day
· Each fielding side team can rotate with additional 2 substitute available players and can also bowl maximum 1 over. If required, substitute player can play (bat or bowl) for any retired hurt player.
· If a bowler delivers a no ball by overstepping the popping crease, it costs 1 run and his next delivery is designated a “free hit”
· If the match ends with the scores tied and there must be a winner, the tie is broken with a one over per side through “Super Over”
Super Over Rules:
· Each team nominates 5 batsmen and 1 bowler to play a one-over per side game
· The team which bats second in the match bats first in the Super Over
· The side with the higher score from their Super Over wins.
· If score equal again in first super over, another super over is played till someone wins the contest. Teams can choose their 5 batsmen and 1 bowler freshly again or retain the same.